Before we travel, we always research and create a list of the top experiences we want to have wherever we are! This gives us a challenge to do as much as possible on our adventures.
*Our list for Burma included:
- Tea Salad - Burma is one of the only countries in the world that consumes the whole tea leaf! (It was a little bit sour, but very good)
- Myanmar Beer - we especially wanted to have a pint at the world-famous Strand Hotel in Yangon
- Wear Tanaka - this is a sandalwood paste that is popular in Burma. People wear it on their cheeks to act as a cosmetic, insect repellent, and sunblock
- Wear a Longyi - a longyi is the national outfit of Myanmar. It's a skirt-like article of clothing that both men and women wear daily. It's much more common than pants. It's nearly always required to wear one when visiting a temple.
- Cruise down the Irawaddy - take a relaxing day-long cruise from Mandalay to Bagan down the slow muddy waters of the famous Irawaddy River
- Milk Tea - have a cup of famous Myanmar Milk Tea
|the Golden Rock at Mt. Kyaiktyo - very foggy and cold!|
The weather finally cleared on our very last day in the country though, and we finally got a beautiful sunset in Bagan, on our very last night!
|a beautiful sunset over the Irawaddy River|
Night Train in Burma
Should You Take the Train in Burma
Golden Land (Travelogue #2)