Comic #26 - Texas

texas

Comic #26 - Texas - 21 June 2017
We all have an image in our minds of a place before we go there.

Before I moved to Bangkok, I had no idea what to expect. I was imagining something more like Phnom Penh or Hanoi than the big, modern, efficient city that is the Big Mango.

It's funny to me, that whenever I tell people over here that I'm from Texas, they immediately think of cowboys. There aren't so many cowboys in Dallas. It's not the Wild West!

When Pinky visited me in Texas for the first time, I wanted to take her somewhere special. I wanted to take her to see cowboys, so she could send pictures back home to Thailand so that her friends wouldn't be disappointed.

Stock Yards
We went to the Fort Worth Historic Stockyards District, which holds a daily cattle drive down main street.
 

Besides having lots of museums and restaurants, the stockyards are THE place to go for cowboy culture in North Texas. Back in the day, this was the heart of the cattle industry in the region.


cowboys on Main Street

We were not disappointed!

Texas is pretty awesome!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...